posted Mar 11, 2012, 12:09 AM by Duane Bentley
updated May 29, 2012, 9:39 AM
Targa Tour 2012 EVENT WRAP UP
Targa Tour was presented by Targa Canada West
& Porsche Club of America's BC Interior Region (PCA BCIR). Thanks to Premier Sponsors Carrera Business Brokers
and Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic. All proceeds went to Muscular Dystrophy Canada.
Above photos by PCA BCIR Targa Tour exec Dale Eurich.
What a great weekend! Thanks to the 42* teams entered, the weekend was a resounding success. From the magnificent sunny weather and fabulous roads to the stunning Sparkling Hills Resort and interesting people... good times.
* There were actually 47 event cars in total:
- 42 teams: Full 2012 Entry List with sports car details and Car #s...
- Three organizer's Porsches: Point Car #00, Rally Masters #28, Rally Sweep #45
- Steve Paquette's 'Bullet Racing' #22 Porsche GT3 Cup Car – though this is was not allowed on public roads since it makes small children cry...
- Kelowna BMW's brand new Cobalt Blue 2012 BMW M5
Through hard work, grit and determination (actually it was simply a blast and lady luck was involved) the winning teams are:
- Rally 1st Place: Car #41, Jordan Abbott + Cassie Rothery, 1997 Honda Prelude
- Rally 2nd Place: Car #25, Richard Hu + Peter Bartlett, 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
- Rally 3rd Place: Car #12, Frank McKinnon + John Putnam, 2008 Ford Mustang
- Runner Up: Car #8, Raj Diocee + Alex Greer, 2004 Audi S4
Many door prizes were given away to Rally teams. Total retail value of prizes exceeded $8,000 dollars!
Photo album opens in new window...
Thanks to Targa Tour Executives & Volunteers
Gustav, Brad, Nicki, Dale & Duane and all other volunteers who pitched in.
Thanks to Sponsors
Sparkling Hill Resort, near Vernon, BC, Canada, a luxurious mountain resort with dramatic architecture, enchanting views, a premier restaurant and an award winning spa. Thanks to Sparkling Hill Resort for being a gracious host.